Standard Ceramic Raw Materials
Sign Up for our monthly informational email.
Plainsman Clays Ltd. will be closed to public access starting Thursday March 19.
We will keep the doors closed (no exceptions), but continue to take and fill orders via phone
(credit card only accepted) and e-mail.
Pick up orders will be placed at the front of the building, however we will be unable to assist with loading.
These measures enable us to limit contact and minimize risk with regards to the COVID-19 virus.
We can be reached by phone at 403-527-8535, fax 403-527-7508 and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
In Alberta, Canada, Plainsman Clays warehouses one hundred or more different name-brand popular ceramic materials from across North America. The most common use for these is making your own glazes.
Brand Name Materials
- Kaolin: Pioneer, Tile#6, EPK, Helmer, Grolleg, Calcined, New Zealand
- Feldspar: Custer, Mahavir, Minspar, Nepheline Syenite, Spodumene
- Ball clay: M23, KT1-4, Bell Dark
- Silica: Ottawa
- Frit: Ferro
- Slip: Alberta, Barnard, Ravenscrag
- Raw colorant oxides, carbonates, sources: Cobalt, Chrome, Copper, Manganese, Iron, Nickel, Vandium, Rutile, Yellow Ochre, Fluorspar
- Borates: Boraq, Laguna Borate, Gerstley Borate, Ulexite, Boric Acid, Borax Decahydrate
- Fluxes: Lithium Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Strontium Carbonate, Barium Carbonate,
- Miscellaneous: Pyrophyllite, Volcanic Ash, Cryolite, Illmenite, Bone Ash, Alumina Hydrate, Molochite, Kyanite, Petalite, Soda Ash,
- Other Clays: Bentonites (HPM-20, Hectalite, National Standard), Fireclay (Lincoln 60, Cedar Heights, Plainsman), Redart, Goldart
- Opacifiers: Tin Oxide, Zircopax, Titanium Dioxide
- MgO, CaO Sources: Wollastonite, Talc, Calcium Carbonate, Dolomite
- Grog: Mulcoa, Christy (in fine to coarse sizes)